Just a very nice supper this evening – monkfish fillet baked in foil with a tiny piece of fish stock cube sprinkled over the top, plus miniature potatoes and spinach.
Tomorrow is shopping day. My austerity episode is over so it’s all systems go. I’ve found a very nice Nigel Slater recipe for smoked herring, mixed with Parmesan, chives and double cream on sourdough toast so that’s my lunch sorted. Now I’m just eyeing my recipe books so that I can plan dinner. I bought a new one today, just a little one in a bargain bookshop, called ‘Sauces – 100 everyday recipes’. It has instructions for flavouring oils and vinegars which I know is pretty straightforward really, but it’s good to have a point of reference. It also gives me a great excuse to buy those really nice glass bottles with stoppers.
This weekend is definitely going to involve making basil pesto.
- Curried Monkfish Cous-Cous (incucinadame.wordpress.com)
- Day 50 – Starting Week 8 – Budget and Menu (yearofhealthierliving.wordpress.com)
- Fresh from a fisherman’s small boat, a stew (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Pesto with Zucchini “Noodles” (hip2save.com)
- Basil Mint Pesto (frshforce.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Cookbooks: Béatrice Peltre (101cookbooks.com)